Okay, so I admit that this fiction infatuation is very intense. It began with Book 3 of the Harry Potter series (of course) and only grew more intense right up to when... oh, I can't even talk about it... you know.
Anyway, when Gary Oldman showed up - good heavens, I thought I'd died and gone to Hogwarts!
In analyzing this infatuation I've come up with a couple rational (I think) reasons for it:
1) He is a bad boy (for sure!)
2) He's brooding and obsessive (and let's face it, that's hot)
3) He is adorably affectionate toward Harry in his own way
4) He is intensely loyal
5) He's a shapeshifter who turns into a giant black dog (I don't really know what to say about this except...yes, he is...and it's hot...it just is)
6) What part of tattooed Gary Oldman wearing all black with long hair and a wand is anything but smokin'?
Bottom line: I want to be his witch!
Infatuation level: 10
When he saves the kids from Lupin in Prisoner of Azkaban
When he asks Harry if he wants to live with him at the end of Prisoner
Pretty much every thing Gary Oldman does while playing Sirius Black
Write a comment
fifi king (Thursday, 01 June 2017 18:01)
I'm with you on this. Never thought of Gary Oldman as particularly sexy until he played Sirius Black. For a while there, I was pretty obsessed with his hotness - even named the only black kitten in the litter "Sirius" - the mom cat is Minerva (McGonagall).